After many years I have got a version of Doc5 up and available to use. It’s a vastly different wiki app than the previous version and most of the changes have been made in the last 9 months. The last version released for download was a different name and appeared before my son was born. He starts school in two weeks.
My 9-5 job takes up enough time that for a couple of years I left this project alone and considered dropping any thoughts of pushing it out. But writing web apps is my hobby, so it’s been good to dig through all the old code and clean it up.
So a list of the major changes:
- WYSIWYG editing has arrived and the previous wiki engine is gone
- Permissions have been simplified but also extended to categories
- Full UI make over, although I have gone with a pretty basic Bootstrap view of things.
- Better file uploads and management.
- Templates for email notifications
I think a full release should be available for download in the next two months. Testing on the web will help tune spam catching and there’s some bug fixing to roll out as well as plenty of test cases to run.