I’ve started working on Doc5 from a laptop in the last few months and have begun the pull/push process to get my Bitbucket repo and desktop machine all in sync. But when trying to get these sorted I found permissions problems on one of the local repos. When I tried to do a pull I had about eight files that either couldn’t be unlinked or couldn’t be created.
If I looked at the permissions on the files I was the owner, www-data (Apache in Ubuntu) was the group and the permissions where 644 on the files and 755 on the directories in my project folder. So that all seemed fine.
But what you need to watch for is the extra permissions that a process needs in order to unlink. What git is doing is taking these files away and then replacing them in the folder. i.e. it’s not just a modification through a write action to the file. Continue reading Permissions Problems with git pull